Our winter season starts in October and operates through April/early May each year depending on snow conditions. Winter operations are based out of our Denali office, but we continue to offer services around the state. In addition to privately guided full day adventures our team can build multi-day activity packages or entire trip itineraries complete with dog mushing, aurora borealis viewing, skiing and more. Some of our favorite winter adventures are listed below.
Winter is a unique and special time to visit the state. With that in mind, we like to speak with visitors before confirming winter reservations. Click the request info button below to tell us a bit about your winter trip goals, and someone from our team will contact you to discuss the details and review what to expect for your Alaska winter trip.
Winter adventures include:
Private, Full Day Trip (up to 8 hours)
- Get off the beaten path with a local guide for the entire day. Trip can include a hike or snowshoe (conditions pending) and an introduction to the Denali area. Day trips are customized to suit the interests and desired activity level of the group.
- $895 for up to 6 people, $150 for each additional person up to 10 people. Custom pricing beyond 10 people.
Private, Night Hike/Snowshoe + Aurora Borealis Viewing (up to 8 hours)
- A unique opportunity to combine adventure with the chance to see the aurora borealis – experience winter like a local. Night hikes take visitors into pristine Alaska wilderness. The quiet, open, alpine tundra provides the perfect backdrop to see the northern lights if the conditions are right.
- $1095 for up to 6 people, $150 for each additional person up to 10 people. Custom pricing beyond 10 people.
Private, Dog Sledding Tours
- Experience the last frontier in silence with a dog team. Trips can include an introduction to dog sledding techniques and the chance to the helm.
- Custom pricing, contact us for details.